The Public Education Campaign (PEC) is an initiative by the American Psychological Association (APA) to utilize social marketing and public awareness campaigns to help the public become aware of the benefits of the application of psychological research.
PEC’s initiatives include:
- Encouraging access to psychological services
- Increasing understanding of psychology as a behavioral science
- Demonstrating the value of the psychology profession in a variety of settings, including research, clinical, and organizational
- Raising awareness of psychology as a science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) discipline
*The Mind/Body Health public education campaign emphasizes the central role psychologists play at the intersection of psychological and physical health.
*The Resilience campaign series focuses on helping people build their resilience skills to manage difficult situations and bounce back from adversity. It includes materials and information for adults, kids, teens, and military families.
The Public Education Campaign also offers fact sheets for patients, clients, and consumers on topics such as:
- How Psychotherapy Helps People Recover From Depression (PDF, 462KB)
- Eating Disorders: Psychotherapy’s Role in Effective Treatment (PDF, 495KB)
- Anxiety Disorders: The Role of Psychotherapy in Effective Treatment(PDF, 465KB)
For additional information, visit: American Psychological Association Public Education & Outreach